Advanced Physical Layer (APL)
The launch of Ethernet-APL (Advanced Physical Layer according to IEEE 802.3cg) opens up new possibilities for the process industry.
The process devices can communicate robustly with high data rates on existing 2-wire lines, even in explosion-proof areas. They are supplied with voltage via the communication line using PoDL (Power over Dataline). They are fully integrated into the Ethernet topology of the overall system.
Ethernet-APL thus enables the consistent use of established Ethernet protocols (non-safe and safe) from the sensor to the controller. This has considerable advantages in terms of device installation, configuration and maintenance. In addition, safety protocols can be used for safety-related tasks in the field devices.
- Proof-of-concept with use of MESCO Ethernet-APL evaluation boards
- MESCO Design Packages for easy implementation of the Ethernet-APL interfaces
- Simple integration of multi-protocol solutions on common Ethernet-APL hardware
- MESCO design know-how in the field of measurement technology, Ethernet communication, functional safety and explosion protection
MESCO Ethernet-APL Evaluation Board with a wide range of uses and analysis options
Development platform for safe field devices
Our services at a glance
- MESCO Services for Ethernet-APL
- Technology consulting and preparation of specifications
- Hardware and software design for Ethernet-APL interfaces with PROFINET communication
- Development of low-power interfaces, PoDL power supplies and explosion proof concepts
- Multiprotocol Ethernet solutions
- Support for protocol compliance testing
- Implementation of safety protocols such as PROFIsafe acc. IEC 61784
- Support with safety certification by TÜV
- Further MESCO Services
- Concept & Design
- Hardware and software development
- Support with certification